Nightguards, or occlusal splints, help you stop clenching and grinding your teeth in your sleep. These habits can cause extensive damage to your teeth and jaw joint.
Some common signs of grinding at night are:
- Pain in face muscles in the morning
- Grinding noises at night and disrupted sleep
- Pain and stiffness in your jaw, especially in the morning
- Cracks and wear areas on teeth
- Broken fillings and teeth
Nightguards are extremely effective in helping you stop these habits and will protect your teeth and jaw joint.
If you believe that you are grinding your teeth during your sleep, it is best to have a consultation. Dr Omid Salar will check the situation and, if required, make you a nightguard.