Are you looking for a permanent solution to replace missing or damaged teeth? An immediate option to restore your natural smile, comfort and confidence?
If your answer is ‘yes’, you’ll be interested in the revolutionary technique of All-On-4 dental implants.
At our Gold Coast dental implant clinic, you can come in for All-On-4 dental implants and leave with a full set of teeth — possibly on the very same day.
Unlike traditional dentures, All-On-4 implants are fixed to your jawbone and do not slip or move.
If you’d rather not deal with the shortcomings of removable dentures and need to replace teeth in their upper or lower jaw (or both), All-On-4 is an ideal treatment with long-term benefits.
Some compelling reasons that All-On-4 dental implants make such a wise investment:
• The procedure replaces your missing or damaged teeth with four implants that support a full arch of fixed teeth. This means a natural-looking smile and enjoying chewing food again.
• Save money and time with fewer surgeries and fewer visits to the dentist. Less invasive and more cost-effective than traditional implant methods that require six to eight implants per arch.
• High success rate procedure with low risk of complications. The titanium implants fuse with your jawbone and prevent bone loss.
• The fixed teeth are made from durable materials that resist staining and decay. You’ll also save yourself the discomfort and inconvenience of denture cleaning and maintenance.
• Confidence and self-esteem will be boosted. You’ll smile, speak, and eat, without fear your dentures will slip or fall out.
An All-On-4 dental implant procedure involves placing at least 4 (but sometimes up to 6) implants into the jaw to secure a tooth bridge.
Made from titanium, a bio-compatible metal that fuses with your jawbone, the implants can support a fixed dental prosthesis with 10 to 14 teeth, which would usually be placed in a week’s time.
This means your missing teeth can be replaced in amazingly quick time.
Innovative angled placement
The rear implants in this procedure tilt toward the back of the mouth and are placed into the anterior maxilla, a part of the jaw with higher bone density.
This angled placement reduces the potential need for bone grafts, thereby saving time, money and discomfort.
Furthermore, All-On-4 reduces the number of surgeries and expedites the overall treatment time.
The All-On-4 technique was developed by Portuguese dentist, Dr. Paulo Malo, in 1998.
The name All-On-4 refers to only four implants being needed to support a full set of teeth (conventional techniques involve six to eight implants).
All-On-4 has proved since 1998, to be a safe and effective solution for severe tooth loss.
Book a no-obligation free dental implants consultation for our dentist to examine your mouth and take 3D scans of your jawbone and mouth using state of the art technology.
All details of the procedure, including the risks, benefits and alternatives, will be discussed.
Your expectations and medical history will be considered prior to a personalised treatment plan being created for you.
Your surgery date will be scheduled. It can generally be done within two to four weeks of your consultation.
On the day of your surgery, local anaesthesia will ensure your comfort. The implants will then be placed in your jaw, using technically advanced and accurate surgical guides to ensure efficient and comfortable placement.
Surgery usually takes about two hours per arch. If suitable and possible, you will be fitted with a set of fixed new teeth or a temporary denture.
You’ll most likely have your new smile on the same day or within the week.
Your implants usually take about 3–4 months to heal and integrate (fuse) with your jawbone.
During this time, you’ll follow a soft diet, maintain good oral hygiene, and visit our clinic regularly for check-ups and adjustments.
When your implants are fully healed, you’ll come in for your final set of teeth, custom-made from acrylic or porcelain.
Our dentist will make sure your new teeth fit perfectly and explain how to care for them. Follow-up appointments will be scheduled as needed.
The All-On-4 dental implant procedure can be completed the same day in most cases.
The procedure would take longer if your treatment requires a bone or gum grafting procedure before the implant placement.
Treatment and recovery times vary based on individual dental needs. In most cases, you’d be able to return to work 2–3 days after the procedure.
The recovery process and aftercare for All-On-4 dental implants are simple and straightforward.
Tips to help you heal faster:
• Follow a soft diet for the first six weeks following surgery. Avoid hard, sticky or crunchy foods that could damage your implants or dentures. More foods can be gradually introduced as healing progresses.
• Take painkillers and antibiotics as prescribed by our dentists to reduce inflammation and prevent infection.
• Keep your mouth clean and fresh by rinsing with salt water or antiseptic mouthwash several times a day. You can brush your teeth gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste.
• Avoid substances that could impair healing or affect your implants, such as drinking alcohol or smoking. Smoking is known to cause implant failure, bone loss and infection.
• Visit our clinic regularly for check-ups and adjustments, especially during the first year after surgery. Our dentists will monitor your healing process and make any necessary changes to your dentures or implants.
• Continue to maintain good oral hygiene and visit our clinic every six months for professional cleaning and examination. Although All-On-4 implants do not require any special cleaning or maintenance, you still need to prevent problems by taking care of your gums and remaining teeth.
• Enjoy smiling and new-found confidence. All-On-4 dental implants allow you to eat, speak and smile with no worries or discomfort. You’ll also look younger and more attractive with a natural-looking and beautiful smile.
The success rate is high for All-On-4 dental implants. Planned and performed by an experienced dentist, this is one of the most successful dental procedures available.
One clinical study followed up All-On-4 treatments after a five year period, revealing a 93 per cent prosthetic survival rate and 98 per cent implant success.
Another study puts the success rate after 10 years at roughly 94 per cent, and the prosthesis’ survival rate after 18 years at 98.8 per cent.
Any medical procedure has its risks.
Pre-existing dental disease, inappropriate prosthesis, and inexperienced dental practitioners, can all impact the success of the All-On-4 dental implant procedure.
It’s critical to choose a dental practitioner with All-On-4 experience, who uses approved implants from reputable sources.
Overall, the All-On-4 procedure has a high success rate. the marginal risks associated with it include:
Diseases such as peri-implantitis can cause All-On-4 dental implants to fail.
Fewer than 2% of All-On-4 dental implants fail to fuse to the bone. Were this to happen, a new implant can be placed. Second time around, chances improve for the implant to secure to the bone successfully.
Failed osseointegration as a result of insufficient bone density can cause All-On-4 dental implants to fail.
It’s important to note that these risks are relatively low and are minimised when patients are in the hands of experienced, reputable dental practitioners and follow their instructions.
How much do All-On-4 dental implants cost and are payment options available?
At our Gold Coast dental clinic, we offer competitive prices and high-quality services for All-On-4 dental implants. We also offer flexible payment plans.
The cost of All-On-4 dental implants varies depending on several factors, such as the number of implants, the type of dentures, and the complexity of the surgery.
Book a free consultation at our Gold Coast dental clinic, for a detailed quote on the cost of All-On-4 dental implants based on your specific needs and goals.
Transform your life with All-On-4 dental implants
Don’t let time slip away. Take the step towards your new smile today and contact us by phone or email.
We’ll be happy to answer your questions and guide you through the All-On-4 dental implant process.